Farewell to FIFA 22

It is that time of the year, when we bid adieu to the previous generation of FIFA, and say hello to the new one. I enjoyed playing FIFA 22, although not as much as FIFA 21. I was able to build my FUT team slowly though the year, and get to a stage where I was able to build some insanely good teams by the end of the year. The primary reason for the meta teams were the squad building challenges that EA Sports launched late in the year, where multiple opportunities were given to get a pack of 10 players with 85+ ratings. The outcome was mostly Team of the Year, and Team of the Season players, that made the rating of the teams I was building go through the roof. Below are some of the teams I ended up with before I uninstalled the game and installed the latest FIFA 23.

Premier League

Figure 1: Premier League team at the end of the year in FIFA 22

Figure 2: Premier League substitutes bench of the team at the end of the year in FIFA 22

I got Julian Alvarez, Raheem Sterling, Richarlison, Darwin Nunez, Ivan Perisic, Nick Pope, and Kalidou Koulibaly through their respective squad building challenges. The rest I was able to get through the squad building challenges that gave me 10 85+ rated players. I could not get a meta right back, and was left with using Trent Alexander Arnold, but I did not use him a lot through the year as I used Kyle Walker mostly.

Bundesliga

Figure 3: Bundesliga team at the end of the year in FIFA 22

I got the best cards of the best players in Bundesliga, with the standouts being Manuel Neuer, Joshua Kimmich, Jude Bellingham, Abedi Pele, and Shapeshifters card of card of Alphonso Davies as striker. This was a team I used for fast pace as the 98 pave of Abedi Pele, and the 99 pace of Davies and Moussa Diaby left every defender behind.

Ligue 1

Figure 4: Ligue 1 team at the end of the year in FIFA 22


Figure 5: Ligue 1 substitutes bench of the team at the end of the year in FIFA 22

I managed to bag the Team of the Season cards of Neymar, Mbappe, Marquinhos, Saliba, Tchouameni and Nuno Mendes, and the Team of the Year cards of Donnarumma and Achraf Hakimi in Ligue 1. My only regret is not to not be able to bag the Team of the Season or Team of the Year card of Lionel Messi. I got Jonathan David in a Futties Favourite SBC.

Serie A

Figure 6: Serie A team at the end of the year in FIFA 22

The midfield was the highlight for me, as I bagged the Team of the Year cards of Brozovic and Sandro Tonali, along with the Shapeshifter card of Mathias de Ligt. The Team of the Season card of Immobile was also fun because of his speed and acceleration. I did the End of an Era SBC of Chiellini, and hence was able to bag his 96 rated card.

La Liga

Figure 7: La Liga team at the end of the year in FIFA 22


Figure 8: La Liga substitutes bench of the team at the end of the year in FIFA 22


I got the meta cards of the best players in La Liga. I got Lewandowski through the moments SBC, while I got the rest of the team through the 10 85+ rates SBCs. Like the Premier League team above, I could not get a meta right back, and hence I had to use 85 rated Caravajal there.

On to the best rated country teams, the best I had were the Brazilian and French teams. The right back and left back were a problem in those teams respectively, but the rest of the squad was excellent.

Figure 9: French team at the end of the year in FIFA 22

Figure 10: Brazilian team at the end of the year in FIFA 22

This wraps up a look back at the teams I ended up with at the end of FIFA 22, and time to start playing the latest installment. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brick Ball Blast - review

The Game Awards 2020